Do you need a way to collaborate with students in a synchronous online atmosphere? Do you ask your online student to present via screen share or webcam for public speaking? Do your students contact you for help with questions that would be easier to “show” them the answer? If you answered yes to any of these questions Zoom Meeting could be the answer to your needs.
Zoom has a free version of their “Cloud Video Conferencing” tool. This easy to use tool allows for up to 25 participants, screen sharing, webcam sharing, audio, and video. It can be accessed or run from Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices. For more information on this tool check out the Zoom Cloud Website.
Live Captions for Zoom Pro
Zoom now offers Live Captioning! Make sure you turn on your settings to allow this feature. Here are the instructions on how to use this feature.
- Zoom Etiquette for Faculty
- Zoom Meetings – Trainings Reference Guide
- Zoom Room – Step by Step One Sheet
- Zoom Tools – Training Sessions Reference Guide
- Zoom Transcripts
- Zoom Help Center
- FACT2 Statement on Webcam Requirement for Remote Instruction
- Student Use of Web Cams for Remote Instruction
- How to Keep Uninvited Guests out of your Meetings or Classes
- Engaging Students with Polls and Break out Rooms and options for sharing Zoom recordings with Ensemble or YouTube- Recording from Sept 2020
- Participant Report for Meetings
Securing Your Zoom Meetings & Virtual Classrooms: