Smart Views in the Blackboard Grade Center allow you to customize your view based on categories, grades, specific items, by student, and many other options. Smart Views is also a tool that can be setup to view assignments/assessments based on Student Learning Outcomes. Once a view is setup for each outcome it can be downloaded and analyzed. The downloaded report goes to an Excel spreadsheet that allows for analysis of each SLO.
How to create a Smart View for a specific set of columns in your grade center (E.g. Student Learning Outcomes):
- Go into the Full Grade Center under the Grade Center area of the course menu.
- Point to the Mange tab at the top of the Grade Center and select Smart Views.
- Click Create Smart View tab.
- Give the Smart View a name (e.g. SLO A)
- Type of Description if needed.
- Under Type turn on the Add as Favorite if you wish to see this view in your course menu under the Grade Center list.
- Type of View turn on User View individual users.
- Under Select Criteria select “All Users”.
- Under Filter Results select “Selected Columns Only”. This will display all the column names from your grade center.
- To select certain columns click on the first name you want from the list and hold down the CTRL key and select each additional column you want in this smart view.
- Click Submit when done.
To View the new Smart view:
- If you turned on the Add to Favorites you will see the new name listed in the course menu under Grade Center.
- If you did not add it to Favorites go to the Smart Views menu and you will see a list of all Smart Views available in the course. Just click on the name of the item you want to see.
Blackboard Help on Smart Views
Blackboard Learn Grade Center – Smart Views
- Building a Smart View to Separate Sections in a Merged Course
- Building a Smart View to Display Columns Based on Categories
- Building a Smart View for Displaying Specific Columns (e.g. SLO)